Casual Support Worker Printable
Casual Support Worker
Community Living Thunder Bay has a vision in which all citizens of Thunder Bay enjoy equal rights, freedoms, and opportunities; where all people are valued for their contributions, opinions, and individuality within a community. Our role in achieving this vision is to advocate, support and provide services for people with a developmental disability and their families. Community Living Thunder Bay invites applications from individuals who are interested in working as Casual Support Workers.
Support Workers help individuals with disabilities throughout their day-to-day activities, as well as assisting them to live full lives within the community. Community Living Thunder Bay provides support based on the individuals needs and interests. Depending on the individual’s needs, your responsibilities may include hygiene and personal care, housekeeping, meal preparation, medication administration, and financial management, as well as providing experiences and opportunities that fit the interests and goals of the person you support.
- To support/facilitate individuals with a developmental disability in developing lifestyles and skills which promote their participation, friendship, and citizenship in the community;
- To support/facilitate in the areas of accessing transportation systems, employment options, exploring accommodation options, management of finances, menu planning, meal preparation, communication skills, domestic skills, personal care, and the administration and recording of prescribed medications;
- Advocate and/or coordinate with the people supported by our organization to choose and access community, housing, social, health and legal services;
- Support/facilitate the development of personal skills with respect to the personal plan and goals of people supported, and ensure adequate supports are in place; and
- Work as a team member, providing support for people in a collaborative setting.
- A secondary school diploma or equivalent;
- A diploma in the field of developmental or social services is preferred; however, we offer on-the-job skills training for those entering the field for the first time;
- Related experience in a support worker role, working with people to achieve outcomes;
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills, along with basic computer literacy;
- Medium strength level required for lifting and/or carrying up to 50 pounds maximum occasionally, up to 25 pounds frequently, and up to 10 pounds constantly;
- Periods of heavy strength required for pushing, pulling of up to 100 pounds maximum occasionally;
- A commitment to organization values, a caring personality, and proficiency in exercising sound judgment;
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR certification;
- Able to obtain a clear vulnerable sector criminal reference check (PVSC);
- COVID-19 Vaccine: As per our policy, Support Workers for CLTB must provide proof of full vaccination upon hiring, unless they are unable as per a protected ground in the Human Rights Code.
What We Offer
- A career that is meaningful and challenging;
- A fun and empowering work environment;
- Flexible work hours that work with your life;
- A starting wage of $21.48/hour ($18.48/hr + $3.00/hr wage enhancement)
To apply for this position please submit a resume and external employment application form including three references to Human Resources via email, fax, or mail. Please quote “CSW” in your application.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 807-622-8528 Mail: 1501 Dease St, Thunder Bay, ON, P7C 5H3
We thank all candidates in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you would like more details regarding the position, please contact Human Resources at 807-622-1099.
Community Living Thunder Bay values diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. It is our policy to consider all applicants, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, family status, neurodiversity, or disability. Community Living Thunder Bay is committed to providing accommodations which can be arranged throughout the recruitment and selection process by contacting Human Resources.